Monday, July 02, 2007

SHINGLES

Yes, I've had shingles now for the last three weeks, but I managed to make a short dash North to visit friends and family up through Poulsbo and onto Whidbey Island. Then, the next weekend, Mertie and I headed West over to the Washington Coast, Long Beach, to spend two nights, a full day and parts of two days there. All the while I was sick and could not enjoy anything as much as I would have liked to. This shingles stuff is for the birds. I'm hoping I don't get the complication which lasts for months afterwards, where the hurts continue and the tenderness or deadness of the skin remains. The entire left side of my face and my mouth has been affected. Lesions on my face, my gums, and inside my mouth and also the lips. Even the skin on the top of my left shoulder feels extremely tender to the touch. It's a rebirth of the chicken pox in old people.

Anyhow, here's a couple of photos from the Long Beach trip:

Looking sort of North.
The boardwalk West of Long Beach, the longest beach in the whole world?



One of many friends to visit us on a Saturday morning trip
to the Northern tip of the peninsula

upon which Long Beach rests.
To Ledbetter Point State Park.


A sort of primeval creature found on the beach of Stackpole Harbor.


Two more creatures found on our journey the next day at Bruceport Park.


Looking West across the great Pacific waters on Saturday evening.

No comments: