Wednesday, October 18, 2006

EVANGELICALS?
MEN ON A MISSION. . .

Photo: Bush displays symbolic citizen whose rights he has flattened. "Here's your Bill of Rights," he was quoted as saying with his usual schoolboy humor. "Write it on this if you can!"

“My faith frees me,” the President once wrote. "Frees me to make the decisions that others might not like. Frees me to do the right thing, even though it may not poll well. Frees me to enjoy life and not worry about what comes next.”

Imagine!? I thought he was elected to represent me, not his idea of god!

Guess which president of the United States wrote that? Jefferson? Lincoln? That’s right—Bush Junior. And actually, the pres. really doesn’t have to worry about the polls. Carl Rove makes sure that Bush’s conscience corresponds to the polling numbers or, at least, makes sure that the Fox in the Bush propoganda Network interprets everything Bush does as in correspondence with fundamentalist dogma. No—Bush doesn’t worry at all. And speaking of another fundamentalist who was certain in his views and in his behavior too:

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews [substitute Muslims] for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple [Iraq] the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish [Muslim] poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.” —Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

AND PAT ROBERTSON’S GOT IT RIGHT TOO, FOR A CHANGE..........PARTIALLY

Confronted with the Republican “Foley scandal”, in which yet one more good Christian man turns out to like young boys, Pat Robertson gives the sign of “El Diablo” on his 700 Club money laundering operation on which he is reported to have said, “Well, this man’s gay. He does what gay people do.”

Pat is right when he makes such a claim about in-the-closet, gay Republicans who must hide and be ashamed of their orientation. They’re bound to be conflicted and confused people in that party. But gay Democrats, unashamed and open people, don’t want to mess with children; they want to get married to other consenting, adult partners and lead normal lives like the rest of us citizens do. I think the Foley thing, as expressed by Robertson (unconsciously and blindly, of course), shows clearly the problem that resides in a nation which asks people who are born a certain way to hide who they are and to be ashamed. A nation, or any institution like that, ignorantly and blindly creates Foleys and priestly or ministerial pedophiles.

Photo is of Foley, hoist by his own petard. >>>>>>>>>>

PS: Note how Pat Rubbertongue's eyes are closed when he prays and, in Monday's post, notice how the girls close their eyes. When I was a prayor, it's my closed eyes that began to open my eyes. I realized that I was praying inside my own head to me, that prayer was self-talk. Self talk is a good thing as long as one doesn't convince herself that there's any being out there tuning in to the synapses firing in her head.




-
-
-
-


No comments: