Thursday, June 21, 2007

MORE ‘MISSING LINKS’ DISCOVERED or
FISH AS FINGER FOOD OUT ON A LIMB


I remember when this first came out about a year ago, and, now, the discovery is bearing more detail, but since almost all Creationists are “ignorant”, they, of course, will “ignore” the facts. You see, all Creationists aren’t unintelligent, they just have a tremendous capacity for ignoring the facts.


[SNIP]
[A] study, published in the journal Nature, follows the recent discovery of a fossil described as showing the "missing link" between fins and limbs.

In 2004, the fossilised remains of the Tiktaalik roseae revealed an animal with fins that were equipped for a life in the water but also for support on land.

The crocodile-like creature, which lived about 380 million years ago, was said to "blur the distinctions" between land- and water-dwelling animals.
[PASTE]



PS: LIVING TO A WISE OLD AGE HAS SOME DRAWBACKS
BESIDES BECOMING A PRETENTIOUS BORE
WHOSE “I TOLD YOU SO’S” MAKE CERTAIN FUNDAMENTALISTS SICK

I’ve been sick awhile and missed an entry or two and, because of travel, might miss a few more.

HERE’S AN INTERESTING WAY OF TWISTING
YOUR BRAIN
TO LOOK AT HUMAN CULTURE

I’m ashamed but. . . this is not my idea. It’s something I scribbled down on a yellow pad and forgot where it comes from. (Another drawback of older age.) But imagine human beings linked together into a vast creature, much like colonies of bees and ants are linked to their groups, by language. Think how ideas travel around the globe, nearly instantaneously now, from brain to brain, giving us direction and purpose. This echoes the meme idea that I’ve mentioned before, but instead of looking at a language meme as a germ, traveling through the human colony, it’s a more macrocosmic view, looking down on the globe as a huge termite hill. We are signaling by language as bees and ants in their colonies signal each other through other means.

DOCTOR WHO DUCKS

I came across a doctor's card here in Vancouver. It says, "We treat. God Heals." I called and asked them if they charged less than doctors who do the complete job themselves. No such luck. They told me to go to a faith healer, but I soon realized that would probably cost me more.

No comments: