Thursday, June 12, 2008

GO BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a wimp I am. I came home and settled in to watch tonight's game and saw the Celtics looking awful. Down six, then ten, then fifteen, last time I checked 22 points behind, then I couldn't watch any more of the massacre I foresaw ahead of me, so I settled for a 1941 black and white Myrna Loy/William Powell film, "Love Crazy", with my wife who I'm crazy in love with. Nineteen-forty-one and a film so naive and innocent, so my wife noticed, that I could hardly believe it was made in 1941 with war all around. But look at the junk movies today while our troops die in Iraq for a lost cause, lost not because of their failure of nerve but lost because of political ineptitude, lies and right wing naivety about human nature which imagined goals impossible to achieve.

Still, my wife and I had fun and after the movie was over, I tuned into the game channel, thinking the game was over, but what to my wondering eyes should appear but a Boston lead by 4 points with 45 seconds to go and Pierce at the foul line while sugar plums danced in my head.

Short story shorter, now I'm going to stay up from midnight to two to watch the replay and with all the excitement I could have known spoiled by the fearful Dancers and Prancers I saw in my head when the game got under way.

No comments: