Thursday, June 26, 2008

SOME SCIENCE FROM CBS SOURCES

The noose keeps getting tighter around the neck of the Bible literalist. The only trouble is that he doesn’t know his neck is in the noose. He thinks it is an imaginary noose that god put there to trick the rest of us. But, “my goodness sakes alive” (as my Grandmother used to say), it seems that his god is tricking him. I can clearly see the noose around his fundamentalist neck. I certainly know my senses tell me it’s not around mine. I trust my senses pretty much and don’t go in much for his non-sense. (But, I also know that I can't always trust my senses either. They do trick us sometimes. But then, pity the poor believer—he's twice tricked!)

[SNIP]
(AP) Scientists unearthed a skull of the most primitive four-legged creature in Earth's history, which should help them better understand the evolution of fish to advanced animals that walk on land.

The 365 million-year-old fossil skull, shoulders and part of the pelvis of the water-dweller, Ventastega curonica, were found in Latvia, researchers report in a study published in Thursday's issue of the journal Nature.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/26/tech/main4210989.shtml
[PASTE]

[SNIP]
Fossil studies have long suggested modern birds were descended from T. rex, based in similarities in their skeletons.

Now, bits of protein obtained from connective tissues in a T. rex fossil shows a relationship to birds including chickens and ostriches, according to a report in Friday's edition of the journal Science.

"These results match predictions made from skeletal anatomy, providing the first molecular evidence for the evolutionary relationships of a non-avian dinosaur," Chris Organ, a postdoctoral researcher in biology at Harvard University said in a statement.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/24/tech/main4044053.shtml?source=related_story
[PASTE]

No comments: